Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Tag... I'm it!

I have recently been tagged by my good photography friend Megan Peck to tell 8 things about myself that you all might not know...


1) I'm always on time. I can't even remember the last time I was 5 minutes late for something.
2) I love to cook. I wish I had more time to do it, and kids who would eat more of what I like to cook.
3) I don't love chocolate. If someone told me I could never eat another morsel of it, I'd be fine.
4) When my son was born, we didn't name him for four days. On his third day of life, we started calling him Christian, but then on day four, we went back to our original name. The nurses kept pushing me to fill out the paperwork, and I just kept pushing back. Now, two years later I can't imagine him with any other name, but it took over a year to feel that way.
5) I have to read myself to sleep every night. My latest read is a series by Sue Grafton, the books are "M is for Murder", "K is for Killer", etc.
6) In college I worked as a Habilitation Aid for developmentally disabled adults, many of whom had physical disabilities as well. I saw the beauty in each of these individuals.
7) I teach programs on public speaking! Yep, for those of you who dread it, I'm up there teaching how to do it. It's probably the most challenging job I've ever had... and that includes the eight years I spent as an engineer for a major technology company.
8) I'm a PK. That means "Preacher's Kid". I hated it growing up because church wasn't so cool. My dad's been my pastor my whole life. He married me and my husband, and he baptized both of my children. Now I think that's pretty cool.

No comments: