Sunday, December 28, 2008

Studio is semi-closed this week (and last).

I hope that everyone had a very Merry Christmas!!! My ears are still ringing from the squeals of delight when the kids saw what Santa delivered. It was a Norman Rockwell moment as we were standing in the upstairs hallway and my daughter was shouting "He brought the whole thing! He brought the whole thing!", referring to the mega-pack of the Rose Petal Cottage, and not just the cottage itself. And as she absorbed the joy, the front door opened, we peeked through the railing to the front door, and my parents walked in with a joyous "Merry Christmases". We could not have been merrier.

It was wonderful to peel my fingers off my keyboard and my eyes away from my monitor this past week. And, while I have squeezed in a few sessions this coming week because of family being in town and kids home from college, etc, I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm prioritizing family first this week. I'll answer calls and emails, but I'm going to try to keep editing and non-urgent things to a minimum. I know it'll be hard. I love knocking things off my to-do list. But, this week, the content of my to-do list has shifted a bit. Number 1 is family (and some very neglected household tasks). I'm sure you all understand. So, thanks. And enjoy your families as well. They grow up so fast.

No comments: