Thursday, April 10, 2008

Breakfast of Champions

I awoke this morning to the sounds of slamming cabinet and refrigerator doors. That meant that my two year old son was up and hungry. I groggily visualized his usual self-serve snacks: yogurt, gogurt, a slice of cheese, candy. CANDY! That got me out of bed quickly. As I peeked down the stairs, I saw him sitting on the floor with a big chocolate egg in one hand, and a tootsie pop in the other. Apparently, one piece of candy at a time isn't enough. We've got a multi-tasker here.

This is a moment when, as a parent, a flurry of reactions go through your mind. Do I laugh because I'm cracking up inside? No. Do I take a picture because it's funny? No. But it's funny! Still, a photo isn't the best way to reinforce that this isn't appropriate behavior. But it's really funny! And, I know that later today I'll tell the story and someone will ask if I took a photo. And I'll wish that I had. So, I hurried down and grabbed my camera. Click. And then I promptly gave instructions to put the candy in the garbage. He did. Thank goodness. And that's how I started my day.

6 comments:

Picture Perfect said...

Now there's a boy after my heart!

Julie Monacella Photography said...

Yes, and he gets his sweet tooth from me. :)

Allison said...

Oh, this is giving me a good giggle this morning!!!!

Ali said...

LOL little monkey! I'm pleased you got a shot of it.

Denise Snyder said...

HA HA HA!!!! Gotta love it!!! I also love that you grabbed your camera - I've done the same!

Laura Lynne Photography said...

Love this story and photo Julie!! And by the way, that photo Megan took of you is beautiful!!! :) Rather, you are beautiful AND the photo is beautiful!